Monday, July 25, 2011

Best movie trailer of the decade

I went to see Captain America the other day. Yes, I know, but in my defense I was really drunk. Do you respect me now? No? Now I'm just a drunk? Well in my defense of THAT defense I haven't been drunk in a few months. Happy now? No? Now I'm just a wanna-be alcoholic with no social life? Hmmmm. And, your point?

But anyway, I went to see Captain America. Which was about as good as it sounds. But it had an AWESOME movie trailer. I can't remember the name of the movie. But it was awesome. And it was awesome because of the one part of the trailer that I CAN remember. It was some barbarian movie, you know, a modern day Conan before the illigetimate child thing. And the part I remember is the tagline. Muscles the Barbarian said, with a gloriously long, sligthly greasy hair and a straight face (and I think he should get an Academy award for the straight face) "I live, I love, I slay, and I am content."

I swear I could not write anything that ridiculous even if I tried (and those of you who used to read what I wrote, back when I wrote it, know that I have tried, oh yes, I've tried). I think, personally, that it even beats the best line from Aliens: "Be afraid, be very afraid!" I got a lot of mileage out of that one.

So with that I'll sign off, at peace with the knowledge that, indeed, I live, I love, I slay, and I am content.

No comments: