Friday, February 02, 2007

Things You'd Like to Say...

Something tells me that man would have ways to deal with people who need remedial instruction on walking and standing.

Last week I stepped outside a bar to answer my phone, and when I wanted to go back inside there was another woman standing outside with her hand on the door handle finishing her phone conversation. All I could think of was that she didn't make a better door than a window. She stood there for a whole thirty seconds, oblivious to my presence, and when I said "Excuse me," she shushed me. I spent more time waiting for her to get out of the way than I spent taking my own phone call, and she didn't move until there was another couple with me waiting to get in.

That was when I wished I could come up with the right word at a moment's notice. All the words I could think of were 4 letters, and not nearly as expressive as I would have liked.

No comments: