Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Running Song

Ok, so how is this for a desperate to think of something to post post? Want to know a good running song? You know you do! You know you were desperately searching the internet, hoping that someone, anyone, would tell you the name of a good running song. Even though you don't run, you wanted to know. And so then, as a last effort, you turned to good ol' T&S, hoping, praying that it may be here. And now, well, it is! Yes! It's the "Good Running Song" post you've all been emailing for, clamoring for, praying for (and you thought I didn't pick up all those blog-o-sphere vibes!).

"Enough torture!" you cry. "What's the song?! What's the song?!"

Well with a build up like this it better be a terrific super-duper black-helicopter-cool kind of song. And it is! The song is .... drum roll please ....

"Wolk Like Me" by TV on the Radio.

It's fast, it's smart, it's fun, it sticks in your head like gum to your shoe on a summer day.

"Lyrics!" you demand. "Give us some lyrics!"

Ok, ok, impatient readers. Here is a teaser, just a glimpse of lyrics.

say, say, my playmate, wont you lay hands on me?
mirror my malady, transfer my tragedy

gotta curse i cannot lift, shines when the sunset shifts
when the moon is round and full, gotta bust that box. gotta gut that fish

"More!" you cry. "Give us more!"

Well, urm, uh .... no?

Get your own TV on the Radio and leave me to enjoy mine! Get on with you, overly demanding and enthusiastic mass of readers! Leave me to devise still more deep and inspiring posts, for the betterment of all mankind.

(You're really wishing I could come up with some decent content now, I know. But the song DOES rock, even if you don't run to it).

No comments: