Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gusty WInds May Exist

That's my favorite road sign ever. It's in New Mexico, and I suppose it's supposed to warn you about the possibility of high winds. But it does so in a very cool way. It just invites you to consider the possibility that somewhere, sometime, there may be a broadly defined entity or class of thing known as gusty winds. What you choose to do with this information is entirely up to you.

I was going to write on this extensively, but then, when trying to find a pic of the sign on the intertubes (which failed - damn you intertubes!) I found this link, which discusses the sign as well as I could. So I'll just link to it and leave it at that. Anyone who drives through NM and Tijeras canyon though, know that I would really really love a pic of that sign!

No comments: