Monday, August 08, 2011

It's too late to vote in this, but...

NPR is doing a poll to select the top 100 sci-fi/fantasy books of all time. They had a nomination process where people could submit suggestions, then they paired those down to a few hundred, and then they took votes on those few hundred to get the final top 100. Unfortunately, before I knew the contest was going, it was over. Evidently they forgot just how important I really am and did not send a "Dear Shifter, please please take part in our poll" email! So poo. Nevertheless, the list of finalists is interesting to review, and can be found here. Eventually they'll have results, no doubt, and I'm sure they'll be posted somewhere around here. A quick look at the list shows many titles I have read, a smaller subset that I really love, a larger group I haven't read, and a few I've read and really didn't like all that much (can you say "Drizzt?" I knew you could! And Piers Anthony? Really? I mean fun but top 100 of all time? The Color of Her Panties? Really??). Anyway, I enjoyed looking over the list so thought I'd pass it along for any sci-fi geeks out there who missed it the first time...

No comments: