Monday, April 09, 2007

NPR Interview with Kevin Spacey

I always liked Kevin Spacey, and I'll admit I'm not his most critical audience. But when he took over the Old Vic theatre in London, I came dangerously close to actual worship. What a guy. The Brits, perhaps predictably, thought the idea sucked. The reviews of the Old Vic's productions were strident and hostile, and for a while it seemed they'd never forgive him for horning in on their territory. But he just sat back and told them he wasn't leaving no matter how much they bitched, and now he has a hit, with a Eugene O'Neill play (well played--the British love O'Neill almost as much as they like Tennessee Williams). I am almost certainly too darn poor to get to the Broadway show of "A Moon for the Misbegotten," but oh well. Go Kevin! I knew you could do it.

No comments: