Sunday, June 17, 2007

Darling, Let's Never Part Again

My sofa is here. It's been three months since I saw it, and I can barely contain my excitement. It's nice to have the other stuff, too. I'd like to hook up my TV and get my books on bookshelves. It's lovely to see my chairs again, and my cheery table. But really, the main thing was the sofa.

The rest of my stuff arrived, too, and although everything seems to be settling in without too much anxiety, I do think another round of downsizing is in order. I have some clothes that are just plain silly. My TV cart, which looked pretty tiny in my old place, looks like it's bidding to take over a quarter of my living room, now, so either we need to teach it to share or I need a smaller TV stand. The screen that I ordered, while lovely, may just be too darn busy for such a small space (although it's still preferable to looking at my kitchen, which is adequate to my purposes but not especially fetching).

It's coming together, but for now, there's only one rule. No matter how great the chaos, I have to be able to sit down on the sofa. We have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments: