Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Probably Do Look Skinny

My stuff finally arrived--yay! One of the things I recently unearthed was my scale. I'd already been to the doctor, and the doctor's scale actually showed me at my normal weight, and we all know that never happens (the doctor's scale, like the camera, adds ten pounds). So I thought I'd take a look at what my scale had to say.

Turns out I've lost 8 pounds since the doctor's appointment, which actually puts me in the Weight Watcher's "normal" range (lower than the CDC's body mass index, because Weight Watchers have a lower target for youngsters). Even if the doctor's scale is right and my scale is now giving me a best friend's assessment of my weight, some kind of net loss is implied.

All I can say is that New York definitely agrees with me. I have to walk at least some every day, and I've been trying to hit 2-3 miles a day (which isn't hard if I skip the subway). I have discovered a grocery delivery service that brings me fresh fruit and delicious calorie-controlled meals. (Tonight is salmon couscous washed down with a delicious pinot gris.) Delivery is only $6 an order. I can order once every couple of weeks and supplement that with the carton of milk. It's definitely worth it, especially since their prices are sometimes better than what I'd pay at the cheapest market I can walk to.

I could get used to this.

No comments: