Friday, August 10, 2007

Eco-Forward Fashion

I have to admit I don't see what's so great about the "I am not a plastic bag" bag. I kind of hate it when people come along and take something that people have been doing for years and "discover" it, making it trendy and exciting. But I guess whatever gets people to do the bag thing is a good idea. Just...geez, people. It's a bag. A bag is basically a blank canvas with handles. You, too, can find some creative expression--a mere 5 minutes with Google produces:

The peace tote.
The classic string bag (popular before Oprah featured it--no, really).
Along the same lines, a mesh bag is eensy beensy in your purse, too, but won't let small objects poke out like a string bag.
B Happybags for the woman who shops, but only because she has this cute bag.
I like these, just because they have some personality. Seriously, 15 pages of bags with real individuality.

Who'd give up the fun of choosing one to some chick whose bag looks like a 70's iron-on?

No comments: