Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tuned In Makes Me Sad

I still read Tuned In every day, even though I don't have a television. Every once in a while I'm able to follow through on something that intrigues me (yay ABC, NBC!) but lots of the time the thing I'm interested in isn't posted by the networks (boo CBS, which posts a few select shows and removes them after a week, and double-boo FX--what the hell do you have against online airings of Damages and Rescue Me?).

But it's the posts like this one that edge me closer to finally picking up the phone and ordering cable. Especially now that I've actually washed the dishes and read most of the newspapers on my coffee table. I'm not a hipster, and the odds aren't good that I ever will be, but I've got to say, this looks hysterical. Of course, if it makes me wish I had cable, it also makes me understand why people do drugs. Some situations just appear to call for it. (You know, like election coverage.)

Of course, first I'll need cable. And before that, I'll need a TV that obeys my commands. (My current TV has staged a big fat hissy fit and now only allows me to view DVD's and won't turn off unless I unplug it. And if that stops happening I won't need cable, because I'll be living in the Twilight Zone.)

No comments: