Monday, August 06, 2007

So That's How It's Gonna Be?

Well, ladies and gentlemen, once again, Steve Martin has decided not to marry me. But before you go picketing his house, I want you to know that I'm okay with it. Really.

We'd really grown apart. I can only remember 95% of the lines in "Roxanne" and "L.A. Story" and "Parenthood" now. And you know he's off writing books and plays and whatnot and I'm not even a project manager. So there was this distance, and it's been growing for some time. Plus I think I'm too old for him (his new wife is younger than I am).

It's okay, really. I'm...I think I'm ready to move on. I'm sure this is the beginning of a new chapter of my life where men actually show some interest in me. Because I know that's what's been holding y'all back--after all, Steve's some hot competition. Right? Right???

No comments: