Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Learn Orange Clog Man's Name

Today I am accepted in Brooklyn. I know this because today I was walking to work and Orange Clog Man introduced himself.

I see Orange Clog Man on my way to work if I take the subway. Orange Clog Man loiters in front of his building wearing (can you guess?) orange clogs. At first, when I walked past, Orange Clog Man just scowled at me. Big frowny glares. Then eventually he'd nod to me. Then he started saying hello to me. And then a pleasantry or two made its way into the conversation. But today he asked what my name was and introduced himself.

I feel like I'm welcome in Brooklyn now. Orange Clog Man knows my name. And I know his name, now, too (just don't ask me to spell it yet). But to me, he'll always be Orange Clog Man.

No comments: