Sunday, May 20, 2007

Things don't work...

and I'm going back to bed.

I ordered some stuff from Ulta.com today, mostly because they promised me 20% off one item (and also because they had zinc oxide sunscreen, which I've been having trouble finding here, since the Brooklyn Target frequently has whole empty shelves where the mob has picked them clean--people, this is not the way Target looks in a civilized society). After ten minutes of trial and error, I finally figured out where they wanted me to put their 20% off code. But they didn't apply it to anything in my cart, not even to my $1.47 sunscreen. Bastards.

So I thought I might do some laundry. Hell no. Yesterday the dryer took $2 and totally failed to dry my clothes. I don't mean it tried and failed. I mean it took the coins, and then when the little coin slot is supposed to pop back out, signaling that you have successfully paid the laundry troll and may now dry your clothes, it never came back out. This morning, the same thing happened to the washer. Fine. Who cares, anyway? I sure don't. Who needs clean clothes? Thank God I washed my major loads yesterday (and put them both in the one half-assed dryer that didn't steal my money). I guess I'll be doing some hand washing today to ensure I have hose to wear this week. Oh, and underwear might be a problem. DAMN it. Those laundry trolls owe me $4 and clean underwear.

Now I'm trying to watch Heroes on nbc.com. Approximately 80,000 people have recommended it to me, and so far I am charmed by the storyline. Or as charmed as I can be, given that nbc.com will only show me the first 4/5ths of any given episode. Yeah, the 5th part just never comes up after the ad. So then at the beginning of the next episode, I get some huge-ass revelation during the "previously, on `Heroes'" segment. Pissants.

Screw the internet and screw laundry. I'm going back to bed with a nice low-tech book. They work with surprising regularity--I have not had to call tech support on them once.

No comments: