Friday, May 15, 2009

And now for something completely different

I found this indirectly through another link on Bill Harris's Dubious Quality blog. Most of us have heard about the efforts to digitize libraries and have them available in digital format. I had heard of, but never really considered, some of the efforts going on to digitize ancient texts. There is a cool story about this process here, and in reading that story I came across a link to this site, which is one of the repositories of archaic texts that has been scanned. My favorite was the letter by Christopher Columbus, but there are just loads of scanned and viewable (in their entirety) manuscripts that you can view there. It's worth checking out, but if you're like me you'll want a bit of time to browse around and see all the cool stuff they've got there.

No comments: