Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book alert!


Ok, all you sci-fi/fantasy geeks out there. You know you're jonesing for a new book, right? Well the next Malazan book is out! The Malazan Books of the Fallen, by Stephen Erickson, are now among my favorite fantasy books. They're big, they're complicated, they're gritty, they're mature. They're lots of cool stuff with very little suckage. My only complaint is that there's too much of a good thing here. There's so much going on, so much intricate history, that it's hard to track it all. I have literally felt like taking notes. I didn't though. My geek-o-meter isn't quite that high (well, it is, but my lazy-meter is even higher). But anyway, the books are highly recommended and book 9 of 10 is now available! Woo-hoo! I've got it in my hot little hands, and as soon as I finish the 10 books that are before it on the list I'll be reading it!

No comments: