Monday, March 26, 2007

I am useful!

My butt may be getting more sleep than I am (my apartment contains one metal chair and one deflated air mattress, so my butt is sleeping like a narcoleptic on downers), but today I was finally able to pitch in at work. Since I've spent the first few weeks at my new job being introduced to dozens of new people in morning and afternoon lightning rounds and then sitting in training, I was beginning to think that I was completely useless. But no, it is not the case. I can find reports. I can explain the German abbreviations for debit and credit. I can show people how to figure out what those funny new strings of numbers mean. I can save a variant. I can retrieve it for you when you forget that we saved it (again).

And when I accidentally wipe out your entire payroll transaction, I can re-enter it for you in FIVE minutes. Yeah, I know. Whoopsy daisy. But still, I believe I netted out to positive usefulness today. It feels good. And makes me sleepy.

No comments: