Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Good Day To Work Anywhere But Amazon

I deal with software glitches all day, and I gotta say, I'm a wee bit skeptical of Amazon's explanation of the de-ranking of gay and lesbian literature.  If you hadn't noticed that the world was atwitter with this news over the last two days, a good summary is available here.  And an alternate explanation is available here.  To me the alternate explanation sounds more plausible, but whatever--the rule with anything like this is to fix first and blame later, so it could be quite some time before the public gets a definitive answer, if ever.
 
The clear winner is twitter.  I'm still not on facebook despite a billion invitations to view friends' photos there, so it'll be a long, long time before I'm tweeting anyone.  But well-played, twitter.  Nicely done.

No comments: