Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Living the Dream

I was reading the BBC News website today, and for whatever reason I was drawn to this article alleging a link between schizophrenia and gluten.  (What a bummer.  Gluten is so delicious--scientists need to stop finding things that suck about it.)  But what I found arresting was the photo of the team of scientists who are studying this link between schizophrenia and diabetes.
 
That's my dream, people.  Someday I want to be able to go to work and know that I am working with people who respect me because of the work I do, and not because I spend extra time every day trying to look like them.  Seriously, that's all I want.  My heroines are Abby on NCIS and Garcia on Criminal Minds.  It's not that I necessarily want purple hair or visible tattoos.  But I wish I worked someplace where it was possible to be so qualified that my boss would be willing to overlook them.
 
And look, it's not impossible.

No comments: