Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TV on the Radio

I've blogged about these guys before, raving about how fun it is to run to Wolf Like Me, but I just got a hold of their latest album (Dear Science, 2008) and I have to rave a bit more. These guys are really different, very catchy, and have some way cool lyrics. I get their songs stuck in my head for days, which is annoying as hell but a tribute to how much I like the songs. And I have to admit it's fun for an old guy like me to be finding new songs by new bands (thanks to my much younger brother and coworkers, of course).

As much as I like music, and as many songs I've tried to memorize over the years (lyrics only, mind you), I'm really clueless about music. So I was pleasantly surprised when I hard this on NPR describing how "masterful" and "blending" they are with "complex interchanges" between lyrics and music. All very cool, but I had no idea! So if you don't happen to have listened to them, and you're curious, check out the NPR story linked above for a little taste.

No comments: