Thursday, March 11, 2010

Waiting

Layoffs are coming at my company. It's not exactly unusual right now--I'm pretty sure that if you asked people at most companies these days they'd be reluctant to say, "I'm absolutely sure nobody at my company is going to lose their job."

A bunch of us stayed behind and talked about it tonight. I'm not sure why. There's nothing we can do. But the waiting is getting to us, and it felt good to stop pretending we're not freaked out for a few minutes.

I have an awesome boss, and he and his peers are all trying real hard to keep our spirits up. It works for exactly as long as they're trying and then they go to a meeting or something and we all just deflate like fallen souffles. It's devastating.

Honestly, there's nothing else to say. Just waiting.

No comments: