Thursday, March 05, 2009

Living in Paradise

So, as I mentioned, I've had to clean my apartment so my landlord can show it to prospective tenants.  Now, I'm not a total slob (although I have been lately at this new job--2 hours a day at home when you're not sleeping tends to cut down the amount of cleaning you do).  But cleaning for strangers is totally different than cleaning for yourself.  Admittedly, I haven't been able to clean to my own stranger-standard (I didn't get the dusting done, and the hardwood floors did not get washed), but it's still mighty nice living.  I'm looking forward to Saturday in a way that I don't normally look forward to it, because I can get up and make tea without cleaning everything in the apartment just to get a clean mug, and I can unashamedly throw open my curtains.  I can even have the groceries delivered early on Saturday without fear that the delivery guys will walk in on a big mess.  It's all very exciting.
 
Which leads me to ask, why are the strangers automatically worth a clean apartment like this?  How come I'm not worth cleaning for?
 
It may be time to pass a resolution when I move into the new apartment, where dishes get done and surfaces get clean.  Food for thought...

No comments: