Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sad but true

I was in a meeting on Friday when they were talking about efficiency and streamlining. Some people in the meeting had been to some network training on this and were reporting on it. Yes, this is going somewhere. As they were talking, they mentioned that their training was through one of three separate national efforts within our organization to work on streamlining and increasing efficiency. Unfortunately, the three separate efforts, all national, don't communicate very well and in fact hardly know that each other exists. I could not help but ask "So are you saying that our efforts at streamlining and promoting efficiency need to be streamlined to promote efficiency." Only one person laughed. The rest of the people just looked at me, and the people who were reporting all of this just nodded their heads. It was a scary moment. We should all have been laughing or crying hysterically but most of us were just so numb to all of this that it didn't seem worth a comment.

But not to me, damnit! I commented. Boy, did I comment! Fighting to change the world, one sarcastic comment at a time - that's Shifter for ya!

No comments: