Monday, June 08, 2009

Spirit of the marathon

I just got through watching the movie/documentary of the same name, which was a Christmas gift from my sister. Yes, it took me that long to watch it. It was worth the wait. I have no idea if I would have found it so profoundly inspiring and enjoyable if I wasn't into running marathons, but I found it incredibly moving. It reminded me of what it was like to finish my first marathon back almost 4 years ago. I've had better races since then, but I've never felt quite as incredible afterwards - just this feeling like "I really did it, I really really did it." It got me inspired to run another marathon, which is a rare feat given I'm still recovering from the last one :o) So, highly recommended and I think even available "on demand" (on line) from Netflix.

No comments: