Monday, September 07, 2009

Mmmmmm, W H Smith

I just got back from a business trip to the UK. It was fabulous, although I was rushed off my feet the entire time and didn't really have the opportunity to explore my surroundings as much as I would have liked. Still...

And God bless airport bookshops, because I picked up the latest Tony Hill/Carol Jordan book by Val McDermid. I forced myself to finish The Pale Blue eye first (I really do like Louis Bayard, but there's something compelling about a series with characters you've grown to love) and just finished it this morning before breakfast. That's the highest compliment I can pay a book, really--if it comes between me and my morning cuppa, that's high praise. Because honestly, if you're so excited to get to the end that you can't wait three minutes for a decent cup of tea or coffee? Well, you're hooked.

Now I'll be diving into the newest Kathy Reichs, also courtesy of WHS in LHR. Pausing briefly between books to note that I seem to have a cold (stupid airplanes) and to put breakfast and a cup of coffee within reach of the sofa...

No comments: