Friday, September 11, 2009

Too much sleep!

I slept 8.5 hours last night. Seriously. And the night before I slept 7 hours. Even though I had to get up at 5am to run. So I had like 15.5 hours sleep in 2 days. That's just insane.

I know, I know, there are those who get, who need, 8 hours of sleep a night or they just fall apart. And the thing is, I may even be one of them. But I just don't do it. I sleep 5-6 hours, and I'm chronically tired. As in don't sit down or you'll fall asleep tired. I think if I didn't run I could probably do great on 6 hours a night, but when you throw the running in there I end up dragging ass most days. Why do I sleep so little, you ask? No you don't. Cone on, who would ask that? I'll try hard to imagine someone asking that. Ok, I'm imagining it, but they're asking me that in a totally "ok, I'll humor you, here's your set up question" kind of tone. That's about the best I can do. So, why do I sleep so little, you ask in an "ok I'll humor you, here's your set up question" kind of tone? Fuck if I know. I used to sleep even less, just bad habits, and I cherish my times at night when everyone else is asleep and I get to unwind and do whatever I want (usually computer, read, or work) without interruption. And it's hard to give that up. So I guess I do know.

For me to sleep that much is just odd. My wife asked me in a serious way if I was ok when I told her I was going to bed at 9:30 last night. I told her I was just tired of feeling tired. The 8.5 hours felt fine, really, but it's just too weird. I just can't help but think that that much sleep is unhealthy. Shouldn't be done. So I don't think I'll make a habit of it. You long sleepers may have the right idea, but it's just a little too freaky for me. You guys are living on the edge! I'm not that nuts, nossirree, not me. 2am, here I come.

No comments: