Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Don't Love You, Please Stop Calling Me

Every day, several times a day, my phone rings and hangs up. It hangs up because I've blocked the caller, because I get up to ten calls a day from the same two numbers. One of the numbers calls itself GMAC Mortgage, and the other one calls itself 1-800-Service.

Tonight, I don't know why, but I had had enough. I followed up on both numbers and found that 1-800-Service, too, is a GMAC number. This meant that ALL the calls were from one company. That GMAC mortgage is calling me like a jealous ex-lover. Let's look at August 11. They called me at 11:49, 1:04, 1:08, 1:11, 4:02, 7:33, and 7:46. Seriously? Does that even work?

I keep thinking about this--about whether even a debtor deserves that kind of harassment. What if you had 3 creditors like this? I bet they'd actually jam your phone lines once or twice a day.

Then I read something like this and I think, eh, as long as you stop calling me, call them all you want.

No comments: