Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's All A Matter of Perspective

I've been incredibly depressed for several days because I've been asked--me!--to delay gratification for 3 months.  Well, more than 3 months--13 weeks, which, due to the dates involved, worked out to about 97 days, give or take 14 days--not that I'm counting (except that I'm totally counting).  And I'm like, "That's the middle of November!" and I get all whiny and freaked out whenever I say it.  "That's forever!!!"
 
Meanwhile, my PMP (Project Management Professional) certification will expire in December of 2011, and because I'm the type of person I am, I have a schedule to acquire my 60 professional development units (hours of training that you have to have to retain your certification--kind of like being a CPA.  And I'm behind (I have 19 and the Schedule dictates that I have 30), so I'm like, "oh no, I only have 18 months left to earn 41 PDU hours!"
 
I guess it is all about perspective.

No comments: