Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shifter go fast!

This will be a brief running post, I promise.

I ran a half marathon last weekend with my brother and sister. It was a nice half, in the mountains, and probably had a net downhill. Notice that I said "net" because it had about 2 miles of pain in the ass run up a mountain side up hill that was not fun. But anyway, I actually placed pretty good in this one. I was 55 out of about 290 or so, which put me in the top 20%. That may not seem like a lot, but keep in mind I used to just hope to be in the top 50% (in marathons that's still a goal for me). It's an awesome feeling thinking that I was faster than 4 out of every 5 people who ran that sunovabitch. I doubt the running gods will favor me like that again, so I'll enjoy the feeling while I can.

See, that was brief, wasn't it? I find I have to imagine particularly patient imaginary readers while I'm blogging some times, because otherwise I can't imagine them reading "bla bla bla running bla bla gaming bla bla." Yup, imaginary readers are definitely the best kind. Bless you all.

No comments: