Monday, February 09, 2009

Coraline

Well the movie is out now. It had quite a bit of on-line buzz, which I imagine it deserved cause it's a Gaiman book turned into a stop-motion, 3D movie that Gaiman seems excited about. So I mean, how could it not rock? And I've already seen several people writing about it - raving in fact. And, well, I haven't seen it. I just thought I should have a post about it like everyone else. I'd hate to be accused of not keeping up with the internet-equivalent of the Joneses. Yup, gotta keep up with the Blurgszorp679's. Very important. But I WILL see it and then I'll be happy. And, ironically when I do see it I'm unlikely to blog about it. People have already done that, haven't you heard what I'm saying?! Go read one of their descriptions!

Which reminds, me, what about those people on Amazon who rate the book or product before it's even released?! WTF is that? And then they say things like "I just know it'll be terrific so I'm giving it five stars!" Who are these people - George Bush? "Mission Accomplished!" We don't need to see if the war actually ends well, we just know it will, so 5 stars! Sheesh. I think that the correct response to someone's forecast rating is to not buy the product. We're all doing a bit of seeing into the future thing here, right? He just knows it'll be great, he gave it five stars. Ok, I just know that I already got it, read it, enjoyed it, rated it, made my friends read it, spilled wine onto it, and then sold it to Half-Price Books. It was a great experience and now I'm done, all in the space of 10 seconds. This whole "actual experience" thing is highly over-rated in my opinion.

No comments: