Monday, February 23, 2009

Dr. Horrible, how do I love thee?

So how much do I love Dr. Horrible, you ask? This much. I no longer think of Neil Patrick Harris (aka Dr. Horrible) as the biggest dweeb on the planet. Now I think he's kind of cool. I know that doesn't seem like much, but I once viewed Doogie Houser (starring the precocious Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie, a teenage genius with an MD on residency) as the most vilely pathetic thing to degrade my television screen. Ever. Like Brady Bunch, without the charm, but with medical school thrown in. Blech. So this transferred onto good old Mr. Harris (who at the time was just Neil Patrick to me, cause he was just out of puberty) and I couldn't stand him. Very judgmental of me, I know. But that's beside the point. The point is that now Mr. Harris is cool! He rocks! He gets beat up by Nathan Fillian (who has always been cool, since Firefly) and plots to kill him and sings great things like "It's a brand new day, and the sun is high, and the birds are singing that you're gonna die!" And he can't decide if he wants to be a social crusader or an evil dictator (ah, how often are we all confronted by that age old dilemma?). It's just cool cool cool!

By the way, I really like the show :o)

No comments: