Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's coming!

Watchmen. The movie. Based on Watchmen. THE graphic novel. If you've never read the graphic novel, well, you probably had more dates in high school than I did. But you missed a really awesome graphic novel. There are those few that invite the cliche statement that this is literature, it's art, it's not just a comic book. Watchmen was one of those.

Which means the movie will probably suck. I hate to be pessimistic, especially when the teaser trailer looked so damn cool, but I just can't imagine how they're going to turn something that complex and multi-layered into a movie without losing the whole point. I mean as an action, shoot-em-up, ray beams from your eyes kind of thing Watchmen was NOT all that great. And if they try to do that with the movie, it will be really, really disappointing.

Don't think I won't be seeing it though. I'll be there. Oh yes, I'll be there.

No comments: