Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What 5 year old says this??

OK, so I'm playing Pacman on an incredibly prestigious and well-read blog that has Pacman on the side-bar which shall remain nameless. And my 5 year old daughter comes down to say goodnight. And I say "watch me play this game" and like a 5 year old, she says "sure!" And she watches and listens as I explain the intricacies of the Pacman universe. And then she says "Come on, I need to pick out a book, and I don't want to have to have a big conversation about why I'm late to bed." At which point my jaw drops, I lose the game, I give her a big hug, and she runs upstairs to pick out a book to read in bed and get tucked in by my wife.

All of which is quite cool, but I mean, ... what? Who talks like that at age 5? TV must be getting smarter with this newer generation because in my day I'm pretty sure I didn't know what "conversation" meant at age 5, much less that I wanted to avoid a big one about bed-time tardiness. It's a weird world.

No comments: