Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day (No, Really)

What are you doing for Valentine's Day?

I'm hoping to see Coraline with my neighbors today, too. If I go, I'll let you know how it is (prediction: dark but awesome).

But some of my day will be spent editing a letter to President Obama written by a dude who works in my parking garage. He is a PhD and, I believe, an engineer, and he has an idea for generating green energy at unprecedented levels. I have no idea whether it would work, but he may as well put it out there and see what happens, and it will have a better chance of getting read if we can clean it up a little.

It was nice going to the garage this morning and seeing all the people walking around with flowers and chocolates and what have you. After all, at its worst Valentine's Day is shameless marketing, but at its best it's a day to take a moment to appreciate the people around you. Here's hoping someone takes a moment to appreciate you.

No comments: